Questions/Discussions

Modérateur :World Cup 2014 Team

Répondre
F_R
World Cup Team
Questions/Discussions

Message par F_R » 14 avr. 2014, 17:50

Here is the topic where you can ask any question or talk freely about the World Cup.
Jimski

Re: Questions/Discussions

Message par Jimski » 14 avr. 2014, 17:52

Will you also post an announcement on al the other PCM Forums, or do they have to announce themselves that the World Cup is there?
Stinooo

Message par Stinooo » 14 avr. 2014, 17:53

Pourquoi il y a pas d'omnium?
Belgian Champion Omnium
F_R
World Cup Team

Message par F_R » 14 avr. 2014, 18:01

Jimski a écrit :Will you also post an announcement on al the other PCM Forums, or do they have to announce themselves that the World Cup is there?
I will. But of course, if you want to do it yourself for your community, you can.
Stinooo a écrit :Pourquoi il y a pas d'omnium?
Cos' Omnium isn't available in multiplayer. We wanted to play Points Race, Scratch, Time Trial and Elimination separetely and then cumulate the points. But that's not really the same gameplay and that's not convenient for the organization and for the new players.
Stinooo

Message par Stinooo » 14 avr. 2014, 18:02

F_R a écrit :
Cos' Omnium isn't available in multiplayer. We wanted to play Points Race, Scratch, Time Trial and Elimination separetely and then cumulate the points. But that's not really the same gameplay and that's not convenient for the organization and for the new players.
Well we did it on the Belgian Championship like that and it worked, it was a bit confusing because at the final sprint in the eli i didn't knew that i could win but they told me right before the sprint and i won it :mdr:
Belgian Champion Omnium
F_R
World Cup Team

Message par F_R » 14 avr. 2014, 18:08

Stinooo a écrit :
F_R a écrit :
Well we did it on the Belgian Championship like that and it worked, it was a bit confusing because at the final sprint in the eli i didn't knew that i could win but they told me right before the sprint and i won it :mdr:
Ahah, congratz' ! It distorts a little bit the gameplay, that's why we made this choice. But you can consider the 'Overall Ranking' replaces somehow the Omnium, even if it's not an additional discipline...
denberre
Pays :Belgique
Equipe Préférée :Cult Energy Pro Cycling

Message par denberre » 14 avr. 2014, 19:08

Hi everyone,

I don't understand why there is no omnium. It is possible to play it race by race and it is not so much work to calculate the points. That omnium no longer availablee is in the multiplayer modus is a bad reason. It is easy to say but with what good will it is possible.

Why we play with ai on normal? Ai influenced the game, work with a bad local ai cdb or at least on easy. Now ai will ride after attacks and you have a lot of more blocks. We organise the last years the world cup and pcmfocus/pcmbenelux have a lot of experience with online games, so we know what we say.

In so far my suggestions. Thanks to organize it this year. I know it is not easy to organise a Worldcup, so i wish your team good luck!
F_R
World Cup Team

Message par F_R » 14 avr. 2014, 20:32

denberre a écrit :Hi everyone,

I don't understand why there is no omnium. It is possible to play it race by race and it is not so much work to calculate the points.
The problem isn't the difficulty of calculating points. In PCM, Omnium is a specific discipline. By playing race by race, the gameplay isn't the same as if we play all races as only one discipline. It's very hard to know who is first, second, third or last and then play accordingly. We lose the strategic aspect of the discipline and, finally, that's not the same discpline.
Worse, for me, that's not a discipline because what you want is just an overall ranking of the 4 discplines : Points Race, Scratch, 200 meters Time Trial and Elimination. If you really want, you can calcule it yourself by taking the classifications of each discipline.
That omnium no longer availablee is in the multiplayer modus is a bad reason. It is easy to say but with what good will it is possible.
Perhaps that's easy to say now, but I can assure you that it was much more difficult to take a decision.
denberre a écrit :Why we play with ai on normal? Ai influenced the game, work with a bad local ai cdb or at least on easy. Now ai will ride after attacks and you have a lot of more blocks. We organise the last years the world cup and pcmfocus/pcmbenelux have a lot of experience with online games, so we know what we say.
I don't really understand what you mean. The AI's behavior doesn't depend of his level, this has also never been true. And the multiplayer AI passivity will be activated (don't remember if that really works on this opus, we'll do some tests). These are the basic options for ladder mode.
I organized myself a lot of events and I played a lot in ladder mode since PCM 2007. I know how it works.
In so far my suggestions. Thanks to organize it this year. I know it is not easy to organise a Worldcup, so i wish your team good luck!
Thanks for your encouragement and advices, even if I totally disagree.
decastiago

Message par decastiago » 14 avr. 2014, 21:59

I modified my inscripiton.
F_R
World Cup Team

Message par F_R » 14 avr. 2014, 22:03

decastiago a écrit :I modified my inscripiton.
That's ok. You can modify your inscription until April 27.
You wrote "Points Race : Yes if start at 21:15... because i have school!", but all the games start at 9 pm. So, if you're sure not to be there for Points Race, change to "No".
Répondre

Revenir à « World Cup / Coupe du Monde »